View Single Post
Old 04-29-2018, 10:35 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
Bones1994,

Welcome to NeuroTalk.

Are you taking any meds? Some meds (SSRIs) cause jaw clenching, especially during sleep. This can manifest as other jaw issues during the day.

The ear issue should be addressed by an ENT. There are some very rare ear conditions that can be related to a concussion. At this time of year, the mountains above Santa Barbara will be filled with various pollens. That could be an issue. Try taking an anti-histamine drug. It may solve your problem.

There are no reported issues with altitude at lower altitudes. Sustained higher altitudes can slow mental processing.

What struggles have you so burdened?

Please tell us about your injury and symptoms. We have a lot of good experience here.

My best to you.

Hello Mark in Idaho, thank you for your feedback! I'm not currently taking any medication. I did think about trying Sudafed while driving up to higher altitudes, so that is in the cards.

My injury was an elbow-hit to my left temple, pretty much right above my zygomatic bone and next to my left eye. I did not black-out, but I started experiencing various symptoms 1 week in. It is difficult to describe, but it felt like my body was not mine, and that everything I touched, and heard, literally felt and sounded differently. A lot of sensory disturbances, in other words. My muscles went weak and I was feeling very faint one afternoon and decided to go to the ER. They told me very little, and offered very little in support. Because I seemed cognitively sound and did not black out upon the blow, they did not think to do any imaging of my brain.

Currently, my symptoms are TMJ pain, elevation sensitivity, chronic neck pain, low mood/depression, irritability, occassional feelings of imminent fainting, occasional bouts of dizziness and weakness all over my body. That's all I can think of for now. Hope that's a start!
Bones1994 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote