View Single Post
Old 04-29-2018, 08:19 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Smile

Stick-on electrodes could be an RNS or the magnet type of SFEMG that they use in Europe. If you get a copy of the results, you will know. If you don't have copies of all of your records, please contact the medical records departments and have them sent to you. There are things doctors do not tell patients that are in the records.

This doctor "might" have been trying to fatigue muscle groups, or to find a better muscle fiber in the area he already tried. Try not to read into things so much.

Where was this current doctor located? Where else have you been? We can hardly recommend anyone without knowing that, and how far you can go for care.

The point of doctoring is not to say what you don't have, but to figure out what you DO have! No one appears to be doing that for you, for which I'm sorry.

Mestinon can treat low blood pressure, such as that in POTS patients. HOWEVER, you don't have low blood pressure (right?). What you have is muscle weakness. And Mestinon only works on those who have weakness as a result of malfunction in the neuromuscular junction. As I said in my other post, that would include a CMS and LEMS.

This neurologist is not a pulmonologist, and has no means to assess your shortness of breath. You need a pulmonologist and a cardiologist. There are causes for shortness of breath that only they can assess.

There is no point in arguing with doctors. None. Open-minded, kind ones will help you no matter what. Arrogant ones won't change who they are only because you want them to. I understand your frustration, but making a doctor the enemy is not a great idea.

I wish there was more any of us could do for you. Maybe this doctor will have an answer for you. Who knows.

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ErinBear (04-30-2018)