View Single Post
Old 04-30-2018, 07:40 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wide-O View Post
That sounds great SC!

Take note: it may, no, make that, WILL happen that you'll still have bad days. Like it's suddenly going into reverse for a while. Don't let that get to you. After those days there will be progress again.

And this is why the health journal has been a very valuable tool. The set backs have been frightening in the past and it felt that I was no better than when I started this journey into sobriety and maybe even worst. The journal helped to keep things in perspective. I will say though that the gains have mostly been as of late and after over 8 months of abstinence. It makes sense that there was healing starting from day 1 but the damage was severe and thus not perceivable until it had reached a certain point.

It is disappointing that much of the information on the internet and that relayed by my doctors have said the damage is not reversible and permanent. For that reason first hand accounts are a valuable resource and it is imperative that suffers know that improvement IS possible. To what extent cannot be known but every small improvement is a gift.
SecondChances is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
kiwi33 (04-30-2018), onlyhuman (07-17-2018), Wide-O (04-30-2018)