View Single Post
Old 04-30-2018, 05:26 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

We are very close in this crazy disease. Most meds have not helped me including IVIG. I am getting ready to try Solaris. My neuro-muscular Dr told me years ago NOT to take statins. Well I had 2 stents put in my heart 2 months ago and first thing they did was put me on statins (with neuro approval). Well needless to say I went down hill fast. After a discussion with my neuro he agreed to take me off. Reduced 1/2 for 8 days then stop. I am doing better now. Heart Drs will have to come up with something besides statins.

I suggest you see a skin Dr once a year. Cellcept, Imuran and prednosone cause cancer. Mine removed one on my head and had to do 3 cuts which put me in hosp for 8 days. My body can not accept invasion. I have had about 15 skin cancers removed. I'm 77 but started at 67 like you with this disease.

Beware of antibotics too. You need to give your Drs a list of drugs you can't take and carry one in your wallet. Believe it or not Hospitals are the worst place for you. I have 3 near me and none of them understand MG. You need someone to go in with you to your appts. and understand MG. My wife goes with me everywhere and is like having a live in nurse.

I'm sure you now know we are all different but it helps to read and learn as much as you can about this disease.
Prayers
Mike
pingpongman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieB3 (04-30-2018), azwild (09-13-2018), bfuller (05-01-2018)