View Single Post
Old 05-01-2018, 01:07 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

The concern on the tests is that people try to fake answers to look worse than they are. The WAIS is separate from the Wechsler Memory and other tests.
The PhD was just a jerk. He stated that despite the scores indicating no malingering, he did not believe the test scores were accurate. He did not believe I could test so high on the WAIS and low on the Wechsler Memory without faking.

He was not up to date on reading journals. This issue had been discussed in a journal article. The disparate scores are believed to be a direct indication of organic injury. Memory function is impacted greater than intelligence and high intelligence cannot be developed with low memory function.

The scores indicate that high intelligence was developed at the same time as high memory skills. The organic injury impacted the memory because memory is a dynamic real time skill but the intelligence skills are basically an over-learned and historic skill so most of the intelligence remains, just at a slower processing speed.

He tried to blame my low functions on depression based on a few scales on the MMPI-II but the Cripe (Cripe Neurological Symptoms ) analysis suggests those few scales are indicative of organic injury. Few NPs use Cripe because he never widely published his work.

But, there are plenty of neuro psychs who believe they are the ultimate authority and do not think outside the box.

"This scale looks odd. I wonder what it can mean." is not in their though process.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote