Thread: Back to work??
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2018, 04:51 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny2018 View Post
I know everyone is different, but any help welcome!
Do you gradually feel better or is there a definite turning point??
Everyone is different. As we are fond of saying here, "If you have seen one brain injury, you have seen ONE brain injury"

Also in my 60s (50s then) I had a severe TBI. My recovery was gradual rather than having a turning point. If I were to identify a turning point it was when I began to be able to understand WHY I was doing stuff. Example, instead of remembering how to perform an =AVERAGE command in Excel, was "what will this tell me that is important?"

Best to you
What Happened: On November 29, 2010, I was walking across the street and was hit by a light rail commuter train. Result was a severe traumatic brain injury and multiple fractures (skull, pelvis, ribs). Total hospital stay was two months, one in ICU followed by an additional month in neuro-rehab. Upon hospital discharge, neurological testing revealed deficits in short term memory, executive functioning, and spatial recognition.

Today: Neuropsychological examination five months post-accident indicated a return to normal cognitive functioning, and I returned to work approximately 6 months after the accident. I am grateful to be alive and am looking forward to enjoying the rest of my life.
Lightrail11 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote