View Single Post
Old 05-01-2018, 08:04 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Robo,

Welcome to NeuroTalk.

Wow, I am surprised I was able to read your whole post. That was a lot. Before you even got to the point about anxiety and bumps when asleep and such, I could see in your writing that you are racked with anxiety. This can make a minor cluster of concussion symptoms or relapse explode.

The sit up head bump was unlikely to have been a concussion. But, it very likely may have caused strain to the C-1 to C-0 (occiput or base of the skull). This is a common whiplash injury that can trigger many concussion like symptoms. Bed rest is often the worst thing for this injury as the head and neck spend time in poor posture. The inflammation can cause blood flow issues and disruption of autonomic nervous system functions.

I had a lot of problems with head movement until I focused on healing my upper neck. Sleep and resting posture was most important. Good therapy, chiropractic and/or physical therapy by practitioners who understand gentle therapy techniques was important. One must remember that the letters after a name do not indicate skill level, just training. Finding that special chiropractor or physical therapist or osteopathic therapist (no cranial therapy) is a challenge.

Getting help with your anxiety will also be important. Some benefit from CBT (Cognitive Behavior Therapy). Amitriptyline does not usually help with anxiety. The usually dose of amitriptyline for PCS headaches is very low, 10 mgs or so.

If your headaches include tenderness behind your ears, muscle spasms from the neck can be the cause.

You should check out the Vitamins sticky at the top to make sure your healthy living includes good brain nutrition.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote