View Single Post
Old 05-01-2018, 11:58 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenMarie View Post
for those of us who have had MS a longggg time - and whose legs don't work well and am in wheelchair - how do you get up if you fall ?? Husband tried to help but I could not push up with my legs - had to call the EMT's - if that isn't an option - then what ???
Wish I had asked this before I fell in my bedroom. At least it was on carpet! I didn't have a phone with me (I know, I know.....stupidity at it's best) so I had to wait for my son to call and call with no answer and finally come over to check on me (8 hours after the fall).

Had to call the EMT's because I had no strength to pull myself up on the couch in my room. It's the strangest thing when you can't even pull yourself up.

I don't know what I'd do if calling 911 wasn't an option. That's my last resort.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
KarenMarie (05-03-2018), Twinkletoes (06-24-2018)