Thread: Question
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2018, 12:45 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

You could get yourself one of the Amazon Alexa's (or several of the smaller, cheaper Echo Dot's) and place them in areas of your house.

Then enable the skill called Ask My Buddy. If you fall down, and your Alexa is able to hear you, you can say "Alexa, Ask My Buddy to call...whoever you've put in for a contact. I found a link that should explain it better. Can Alexa Call 911? | POPSUGAR Moms

I've had the skill on my Alexa, and I've never set it up, but I'm going to probably do that tomorrow. My mom and I are moving to an apartment within the next month. I have 3 Alexa's, and the apartment is small. So, she should be able to hear me from wherever I am if something happens.

This hinges on whether or not the free wifi the apartment is going to provide s with will support an Alexa. Hope it works. I'm going to have to test all the best spots in the apartment to plug each one into.

We're moving into an "independent living" apartment complex. It's for people ages 55 and up. (I'm going to be 49 in 22 days, but my mom is 77. She got me in). They have all sorts of services, provide basic cable, wifi internet, 3 meals a day, activities, valet parking, 150 seat movie theatre on the main floor. I'm kind of excited. I'm going to be the youngest person living there. I thought I would feel weird about it, but we've gone up there several times now to eat meals already. Everyone has been very nice. I think 90% of them are in better shape than me. I've never lived in an apartment before. Hopefully I won't annoy anyone too much.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
KarenMarie (05-03-2018), Twinkletoes (06-24-2018)