View Single Post
Old 05-02-2018, 02:48 PM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Question Need advice for chronic pain treatment

I am a 36-year-old female who has been struggling with small nerve fiber neuropathy for five years. I am currently experiencing difficulty with the pain management part. Up to this point I’ve been able to manage my pain with gabapentin, nortriptyline, topicals, Oxycodone. I have tried other things for pain management as well such as Nucynta, Cymbalta, morphine and the list goes on and on. Currently my pain management facility is not in agreement that I need to increase on my daily milligrams for my opiate pain control. Currently I only take 40 mg of oxycodone in a 24 hour period. Which is on the low-end of opiate pain control. I am struggling a great deal and my doctors are adamant that because I do not suffer from cancer and I am only 36 years old they do not agree with increasing to the next level. I need advice from anyone out there that may or may not have experienced this and your thoughts or take on the situation. It’s starting to create a great deal of depression in which case I was hospitalized for over a week and I’m starting to feel very defeated so any advice or recommendations anything at all is greatly appreciated.
Hrey1561 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote