View Single Post
Old 05-04-2018, 06:29 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Smile

Good day, Bamboo123. That's great that your cancer was successfully treated. But not so great that you now have other issues.

Do you have copies of any tests that have been run?

Have you had any basic testing done, such as vitamin B12, metabolic panel, CBC (complete blood count), TSH, etc?

Mayo Clinic did a study years ago that showed vitamin B12 going in to any areas of cancer, possibly in an attempt to heal cells. That might result in a deficiency.

Did you have radiation or chemotherapy?

Sometimes you have to see more than one kind of doctor, so that you can get "fresh eyes" on new health issues. What kind of doctors have you been seeing?

I think it's good that they are trying to rule out a spread of cancer, which I assume is why they are sending you to the neuro-oncologist. I think it's a good idea to have an internist see you, to rule other basic things out.

Please do get ALL of your test results. Sometimes doctors don't tell patients everything. Don't despair!!! Treat yourself with lots of love and care. Stress isn't good for the body. Try to focus on what you love to do, and what makes you happy. Doctoring is exhausting. You need to shore yourself up.

The peripheral neuropathy forum is great. I'm on the MG (myasthenia gravis) forum. Lots of great people here to talk to! I hope you can find answers soon.

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote