View Single Post
Old 05-05-2018, 07:38 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Lovelee,

Welcome to NeuroTalk. Seeing your screen name has kicked my brain into the 1970s Stevie Wonder song, Isn't She Lovely, a song he wrote at the birth of his daughter. Now it can loop in your head. It's beautiful. Stevie Wonder-Isn't She Lovely Lyrics - YouTube

Yeah, my brain can get triggered and stuck on things.

You are not too late to improve. I suffered a serious brain injury requiring hospitalization until my speech improved at 10 yo. I struggled with depression and the thoughts that come with it for 17 years before a doctor got me directed into serious brain nutrition and supplementation. Check the Vitamins sticky at the top. It is based on what this doctor told me. It changed my life.

I'm sorry to hear you were 5150'd. I guess you are in California. I hope they followed the statute in your care and welfare check. It can be a troubling event without the heavy handed actions of some agencies.

I am glad to hear you are doing as well as you are. A friend was hit by a car and took 2 years to learn to walk and talk.

Are you taking any meds?

Personally, I find that I depend on B-12 and 5-HTP to maintain a basic level of functioning.

Please feel free to tell us about your various struggles. Many have learned work-arounds and other skills to deal with the trials of PCS. Prolonged PCS does not have to stop us from living a full life.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lovelee (05-05-2018)