View Single Post
Old 05-05-2018, 08:39 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

I have experienced a lot of the symptoms you listed. My brain injury was the result of someone rear-ending me as I sat waiting for the traffic light to change.

I felt normal for about ten days post-injury, and then all of a sudden I got an electric current run up my neck into the center of my brain, and a vibration ensued that lasted a couple seconds. Afterwards, I still felt normal. Three days later I was at work and all of a sudden the current shot up from the top of my neck into the center of my brain. Again, vibrations, but this time it lasted around seven seconds and I nearly passed out.

Ever since, my life has been changed. I went through intense dizziness, light headedness, photophobia, eyes feeling off balanced, etc. for two years. I also had my pituitary gland damaged in the accident and developed hypopituitarism for growth hormone. This was not discovered until two years post accident, and it explains a lot of why I healed so little the first two years. I didn't have enough growth hormone being secreted by the pituitary gland to allow for proficient healing.

Now, four years post-accident, I do have some normal days, but they seem to come and go. I even went a full month recently feeling normal, but I've since went back to feeling loopy. However, I'm now getting a lot more normal days than I used to. The first two years post-accident, I had maybe five or so normal days.

Throughout this I have worked, teaching students. However, I was recently asked to resign because of a comment I made, the result of my brain injury. People who have never had a brain injury do not understand. You look fine on the outside, so they assume that you don't need accommodations, or that your arguments regarding your disability are not valid.
Patriotic American is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote