View Single Post
Old 05-06-2018, 09:31 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo*mar View Post
Teaching is a tough job, and stressful enough for non injured people..
I would think a related job of some sort but not dealing with students daily.. might be the way to go..

I suppose a lot depends on if you have contract & what it says about reasons for dismissal.
A legal battle is stressful too, why put yourself through that..
My wife has suggested that I become a private tutor, but I know that you can't earn a comparative income by tutoring. it is more or less supplemental income.

Teaching in a private school is also another option, since they are not tied to other public schools. They also have better behaved students, so this would less likely exacerbate my symptoms from my tbi when under stress.

In the first couple years following my tbi, one day of work was like a full week on the job. It was that taxing. I constantly felt like I was going to pass out. I had no tolerance to the fluorescent lighting. I was so light headed and dizzy. I am now able to tolerate the lights and loud sounds, but stressful situations, such as unruly children, still has a significant impact on how my brain feels. I am also more irritable than I used to be, and I am more prone to anger given the pressure, disconnected feeling that my brain gets, along with the anxiety tension, when I am under stress. I also make poor choices of words when under such stress, given that I have difficulty finding the right word under such condition.
Patriotic American is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote