View Single Post
Old 05-07-2018, 07:48 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

ambannister,

Welcome to NeuroTalk. I am sorry to hear of your daughter's struggles. It must make you feel helpless as a mother to have to struggle so to find her help.

At 14 years old, my first point would be to find a neuro-endocrinologist. UCSF likely has one or two. She may be going through some age related hormonal changes that are magnifying an imbalance. There are also an entire bio-identical hormone community of practitioners. Information Request | Women's International Pharmacy may be able to give you some choices to check out.

Her neck is vitally important. The neck injuries that come with a concussion are very subtle and rarely show up on imaging. They are more of a stability issue. A gentle twist or sleeping in a bad position can traumatize the neck and cause inflammation that can disrupt many systems since the autonomic nervous system is dependent on good blood flow through the upper neck (vertebral arteries)

Another concern is her sleep quality. If you could observe her sleeping or use a fit bit or a recording pulse oximeter to track her as she sleeps, you could get an indicator of poor sleep quality. She could have good quantity but poor quality. It can cause severe fatigue.

The Vitamin D and omegas are good but adding strong dose B-12, the rest of the Bs, all of the anti-oxidants, and even curcumin to reduce inflammation would be worthwhile. Check the Vitamins sticky at the top.

As Jo*mar asked, Did anything happen last December? It might have been something you would never connect to her symptoms but still have an impact.

Just know. There are plenty of people here who understand the struggles you are going through.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote