Thread: Another Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2018, 11:30 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

After almost 3 weeks of not doing the laundry, I told Corey I needed his help doing it, but then I kinda let him off the hook. But after the last time I did it, I told him I'm AFRAID to do it by myself, but it fell on deaf ears. I wish someone could take video of me doing it, and show it to him... that would be a wake up call.

I am taking less to the laundromat. The problem with that is I'll be forever drowning in laundry. The plan is to go twice a week, but it is so physically draining, I don't know if I can do that. I was so exhausted yesterday I was out of my mind, but I could not take a nap because my legs wouldn't stop going despite taking 10mg of Baclofen. I'm garbage today... had plans to go out to run errands, but that's not happening.

I don't qualify for any kind of aid, and I'm unaware of any residential laundry pick up services in my area. If there are any, they're probably cost-prohibitive.

I would accept any kind of help from Corey. He knows I need it. Even if he would just make some kind of effort to clean up after himself, that would help.
He works hard, but all he does he gets home (aside from making a mess) is:
-Take out the garbage, but he refuses to tie it up
-Carry in the groceries and anything else that's too heavy for me
-Bring the dirty laundry down to the car and carry the laundry bags back up to the apartment when I get home from the laundromat
-Other things that suit his wants and/or needs

I'm not kidding. That's all he does.

I'm a recovered alcoholic, and I have a whole family of alcoholics, including both of my parents. I know you can't make someone else stop drinking. I accept that. I do let him know when he's getting out of control tho. He didn't drink last night, so hopefully he will slow down for a while.

BTW, so far since changing the Wi-Fi password, we haven't detected anyone on our network who shouldn't be there. Hopefully, that lasts.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (05-08-2018), Dmom3005 (05-08-2018), mymorgy (05-08-2018)