View Single Post
Old 05-08-2018, 07:18 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default Sexual Dysfunction from Antipsychotics

Hello,

I am looking for people who have experienced similar loss as I have from neuroleptics, or the so-called "antipsychotics". I have a BA in Psychology and have worked on 2 hospital psych wards and 2 halfway houses for mental patients.

Although I have been drug free for almost 35 years and have been able to function as a wife, mother, grandmother, and teacher, I have remained numb in my saddle area after being forcibly injected with Haldol against my will back in 1983. I lost all of my libido and have not been able to get sexually aroused since then. My initial diagnosis of "Paranoid Schizophrenia" was changed by my therapist 10 years later to that of a sleep disorder. Before each of my three breakdowns, I had been unable to sleep for days at a time, and thus became delusional.

There is a Yahoo forum for people suffering similar loss from SSRIs. However, I have not been able to find one for those who have been given neuroleptics. I wonder how many young people, many unexperienced sexually, will continue to be damaged in this way while this issue is being overlooked.
LindaKay1948 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote