View Single Post
Old 07-20-2007, 10:09 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenntaj View Post
--helping some forms of neuropathic pain, simply because the active ingredient in Vicks, the menthol, would produce a cooling sensation where applied that could interfere with the "burning" pain sensations for some people, at least for at time. Don't think it would be a good long-term pain control strategy for most, though.

And, yes, one of the more recently discussed side-effects of Zocor and other statin drugs is neuropathy. Myopathy (muscle damage) occurs to. It's even found it's way into the "fine print" or, on television/radio, the "fast talk" parts of the advertisements for these drugs.
I think it's hard to understand what these side affects are (darn it... I am never sure whether it's effects, or affects) until one experiences them. Burning feet doesn't sound all that bad... it maybe brings a nice hot chili to mind... but the real thing, once we have the peripheral neuropathy burning is not something I would choose....

They advertise statins on telly SO much.

I can't remember what the nutritional steps toward the same end are... but I sure wish they were advertised equally with the drugs.

!
pinkynose (08-26-2015)