View Single Post
Old 05-10-2018, 06:40 PM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member

Thanks Annie,
I am not able to lists her tests but do know she has been to many ophthalmologists, neurologists and neuro-ophthalmologists. She has ptosis and her right eye lid is closed almost all the way (patches it to see) and her left eye lid is held open with tape. Yes she has double vision when using both eyes. She has had many muscle fatigue tests and blood tests. So far she has not had any other MG symptoms but is also dealing with diabetes (type one adult onset) and balance problems due to an inner ear problem which she is not able to get any relief from.

As for the insurance....she can get the SFEMG in NYC as an out of network service which has a $5000 deductible.

One of the problems she has is transportation. She obviously can't drive and can't take public transportation. I am a retired RN and try to help her every chance I get (live in upstate NY). Her daughter also visits but can't be there week days. She has some friends but they are not willing to go long distances or into cities like NYC.

She's dealing with an awful lot. I will mention to her about checking out this forum but she's not on the computer much due to her vision.

I just spoke to her and the MG diagnosis is on the back burner for now. Her local neurologist's office continues to try and find a doctor/facility that can perform the SFEMG. She's so tired of all these doctor visits and tests. The dizziness/balance, which no medication seems to help, is driving her crazy. She has had brain scans, heart check ups and ear tests. Her last balance test pointed to an inner ear problem so she is now seeing an inner ear neurologist.

I'll keep up with the forum and read as much as I can.
dasw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieB3 (05-10-2018)