View Single Post
Old 05-10-2018, 11:35 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Default uebec

Saoghal,

Welcome to NeuroTalk. I am sorry to hear you are struggling so.

The usually protocol after your injury would be for the hospital to recommend a follow up with a Primary Doctor. I was released from the hospital after a 4 day stay and my mother was never told anything about my prognosis or need to follow up with a doctor. That was in 1965. Not much has changed. I had a bike fall and was unconscious for some time, too. I spent years going through all the same issues. My mother was lost as to how she lost a son and brought a different one home from the hospital. Nobody gave us any counsel until 6 years later. Even then, it was barely any help.

At this point, you need to find a doctor or clinic that will recognize your concussion history. If there is any way for you to get to care in Toronto, Ontario, the Ontario NeuroTrauma Foundation would be an excellent start. onf.org +1 416-422-2228
You may be able to call them for a referral to a Quebec based clinic.

Please tell us about your current symptoms and anything you are doing to try to deal with them.

Check out the Vitamins sticky at the top and the link to the updated post. It helps many of us.

Feel free to tell us anything or ask us anything.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote