View Single Post
Old 05-12-2018, 03:50 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Gerry, I’m so sad to read this, I’ve not been active much on the boards, just too tired, but this news made me wish I’d made more effort. Thinking of you dear friend.

Eva, friends and family who have been on tamoxifen (many I know of) have been in for 5 years only. I think perhaps it may differ from one country to another sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ger715 View Post
Eva,
I had a lumpectomy on April 11th. It was an Invasive Ductal Carcinoma of the left breast. This cancer too is Estrogen Positive/driven. The cancerous mass was small; but the cells were already invasive and Estrogen fed. The biopsy shows the results of the surgery margins were clear. I see the Oncologist this Tuesday, May 15th. The surgeon said I will need either Tamoxifen or Arimidex.

The Arimidex is often for those who are post menopausal (I had a complete hysterectomy some years ago)and the Tamoxifen usually for premenopausal. The surgeon said our body /tissue still produces Estrogen even after menopause so I will still need either one of them. I am concerned since I already have so many of the problems these two medications side effects cause which both are very similar.

Really hope and pray Corissa will get herself to be the best person we know she can be. The diploma is the first step.

Gerry