Thread: Another Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2018, 08:08 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member

It's funny you brought up sports, Mari. I decided to buy my brother a gift certificate to a ticket agency for his graduation. He goes to several Red Sox and Pats games a year, so he will make good use of it.

I used to be a DIE HARD Red Sox fan... never missed a game, knew everyone's stats, listened to sports radio all the time, etc. Corey doesn't enjoy baseball, so I would DVR games and watch them after he went to bed. But that was when I was not sleeping at night...
LONG story short, I can't stay up that late anymore, and I had to give up my Red Sox. I could DVR the games and watch them during the day, but I'm afraid of being sucked back in. It was an addiction. I miss my baseball tho.

The swim top with the thumb holes arrived. The style is perfect, but it's way too big, so I will have to return it, too. I will have to be VERY careful about the next one I order because I'm NOT doing another f***ing return.

I told Corey last night:
" Last weekend you did yard work for (your step father), and this weekend is Mothers Day. Next weekend I NEED YOUR HELP. I want to take ALL the laundry we have to the laundromat so I can catch up. It's unreasonable to expect me to go twice a week. I really shouldn't be going by myself AT ALL."

He agreed.
This time, I'm going to hold his feet to the fire. It won't get me out of doing laundry by myself, but I won't feel so overwhelmed, and I won't feel pressured to take so much to the laundromat every time. I'm proud of myself for asserting myself. I will remind him of the conversation in case he was drunker than I thought he was when we talked about it, which sometimes happens.

I colored my hair yesterday morning and cleaned the tub/shower afterwards. I laid down for a nap around noon, and by the time I woke up at 5:30pm, the mag. citrate I took about 10hrs before started working.
I needed all that sleep. I've been running errands, have been trying to get cleaning done, and missed a nap somewhere along the way.

I have a lot to do today, but I don't see how I can get it all done. If I do too much today, I will have a harder time getting around at my brother's graduation tomorrow.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (05-12-2018), Dmom3005 (05-14-2018), Mari (05-13-2018), mymorgy (05-12-2018)