View Single Post
Old 07-20-2007, 10:41 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Tunneled Epidural Catheter? PT?

I had my apt yesterday at Cleveland Clinic at the anesthesiologist. The doctor wants to put a tunneled epidural catheter so that I could take part in a vigirous pain rehab and do a lot of exercise. He said with my issue that I need to do a lot of movement. He said it needs to be treated like RSD though I don't have all the symtpoms some are similar and my tests do show peripheral neuropathy but regardless of the dx that needs to be the treatment. This was what the day program pain clinic said but I can't make it through the full day of rehab cause of my pain. Any opinion on this catheter which he said would be in for around 6 weeks? Also if I'm not doing that I want to do some kind of lower level rehab and have calls in to my old neuro and the pain clinic day program about a lower level rehab. I have been really pushing. I did errands today and a 15 minute slow walk. I need some daily direction though of what I need to do. I fear so much making it worse but the anesthesiologist said I really need to do more exercise then the normal which sounds like an insane task whether it be with the catheter or on my own with other meds. He also prescribed doxepin with my cymbalta.At the clinic I did pool therapy but was too much but am thinking of going again at a slower pace and also warmer water. The water there was cold and I heard not good. In pt before it was a bad experience and even at the program but I need to find someone to direct me because like today for the 15 minute slow walk I fear damage along with all the errands. DOes anyone here follow a certain activity program? I should feel hopefull about the progress I have made cause I was in bed all day if you guys remembered. I wish I could of made it through the pain program so the procedure would allow that but I fear the complications so I may want to try a lower level pt without that. The doc did say he wants me to be able to run so on though that I will never do but I would love to be more active and pain free. I want to be a normal 28 year old.Any thoughts or ideas?
daniella is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote