View Single Post
Old 05-14-2018, 07:38 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Have you seen and read the records that were sent to these other neurologists?
ALL of them?

I was getting turned down by home health care agencies, who would talk to me on the phone and assure me they could help, but then suddenly change to "no, we can't do anything" after talking to the original agency who had sent someone else out once. Every single one.

Turns out, the first physical therapist who came out for that evaluation (who both I and my husband said, "she's nuts or on drugs" as soon as she walked out the door) was indeed nuts or on drugs. She wrote that I was able to get dressed and walk and feed myself and everything without help. She wrote that I had gone out to my car by myself twice already (no, my car was squished beyond recognition in the accident. There was no longer any car to go out to.) It would take my husband and I until noon to get us both washed and dressed, as he had been injured also, but me much worse. We were eating food that volunteers were bringing, already cooked, to the house, on paper plates to avoid having to wash anything, as he had one arm in a cast, and a severe concussion, and I had broken shoulder, ribs, pelvis, as well as about 50% of my body covered with massive, still black bruises.
We didn't find out what she had written until a couple years later when we saw the records for the lawsuit against the guy who hit us. Sure wish I had known to look into them at the time. That horrid woman blew all help for us when we desperately needed it.

But, one incorrect statement, or a condemning comment from your first doctor, could be blowing your chances with the other doctors. You need to find out what is being sent to them. Doctors (and other medical professionals) make mistakes. They mix up records. (This happens at an alarmingly high rate. I was shocked at how often when I was reviewing my records, and how many mis-diagnoses were there, because they were looking at someone else's information.) And, they say things they really shouldn't, because they don't think they will get caught.
winic1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
gnnmi (05-14-2018), Jomar (05-14-2018)