Thread: Antipsychotics
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2018, 07:20 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
Abilify is not one of the scarier anti-psychotics. Nobody can say how you will respond to it.

My doctor put me on Zyprexa for a short term to get past a high level of symptoms. No big deal.
My understanding is that the atypical antipsychotics doubled the rate of death due to having more of certain side effects like type II diabetes.

In any case, my uncle had a stroke and was given abilify for depression. Long story short he started gambling away all his and his wife's money and it almost destroyed their marriage. Come to find out the FDA knew about the risk of compulsive gambling, sexual behaviors etc. due to the drug for years but didn't go public until they were forced to do so. Meanwhile the Canadian health authorities had already been warning about it for years.

Abilify may be somewhat less neurotoxic, but at the end of the day you are causing brain damage even for a person without an injured brain by taking this drug, it just might take a little longer. A person with a brain already damaged by kinetic forces will tend to fare much worse.

Antipsychotics actually worsen psychosis over the long run. They work by simply disabling the frontal lobe in a general way. They are not specific treatments for root biological problems. The drugs were originally developed to kill parasites. Someone with a damaged frontal lobe who then takes what is already a disabling agent is going to have lots of really bad effects.

Sadly, as I expected, all of his cognitive symptoms have now worsened, and he now notes anhedonia, something already problematic for TBI victims and a hallmark effect of these drugs.

It is interesting to note that many of the things said to help TBI symptoms positively affect the mitochondria of neurons (HBOT, NIRLT), whereas antipsychotics prevent them from working properly and subsequently cause increased cell death because presumably the cell processes can not be sustained.

Forced drugging is truly a crime.
SilenceIsSacred is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote