View Single Post
Old 05-16-2018, 05:15 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Thanks for the information and support.

The time in hospital was because I was brought in by ambulance. They did a CT scan and X rays to confirm there was no damage then I was kept in over a couple of days until the emergency team discharged me (about 24 hours, some of this is due to them being busy and me being in a ward at the opposite side of the hospital), then the neuro team needed to discharge me which was about 3 days from entry.

I had stitches and my jaw was swollen so they had me in for observation. They took it pretty seriously and were full of warnings when i discharged about making sure i come back for the MRI ans EEG and that I needed to take it easy.

I'm currently taking omega3 tablets and multi vitamins and trying to maintain a balanced diet with a good amount of water to make sure im not dehydrated.

I'm not doing much in the way of exercise. I have a route through a country park where i live which i used to do on bike - just tracks with some good uphill sections to get the heart going - but I've only been out on it once since. I need to get my heart going regularly because i feel the emotional benefits to it more so than the physical.

For the condition of my neck I'm not sure. X rays and a CT was done and i was in a neck brace from the scene of the accident until they had determined my neck was not broken.

My neck is something I'll read into. Physio is a big business here in Oz and a lot of my colleagues go for physio massages regularly relating to the various sports they do.
mothbox is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote