Thread: Antipsychotics
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2018, 08:20 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by todayistomorrow View Post
Trust me, get your hormones tested. I had to do 5 hour STIM test. My MRI with DTI was fine but I just found out I have hypopituarism from the STIM test. My Testosterone levels are fine so even a basic hormonal panel would have missed that I’m deficient in growth hormone.

There are maybe a few endocrinologist in the U.S. that are aware of the hormone/TBI relationship. I’d do whatever you can to find one.
I had the same problem. I have hypopituitarism the result of a whiplash injury sustained in a rear-end accident (someone ran in to me). My growth hormone levels were at 0.03, or somewhere around there. I almost was not producing growth hormone. For two years after my concussion, it hardly healed because the hypopituitarism issue was not diagnosed. I'm much better now, but I still suffer from some of the symptoms.

They've had me on growth hormone injections, and my insurance has covered it. Unfortunately, due to me making a comment, the result of the effects of the brain injury, I have lost my job and will be losing my insurance soon. Growth hormone is insanely expensive. Genotropin is $1600 per month without insurance. I don't know what I'm going to do.
Patriotic American is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote