View Single Post
Old 05-18-2018, 04:40 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConcussedMathGuy View Post
From the initial concussion, I had light sensitivity, brain fog and cognitive regression. After the two basketball hits I felt a resurgence of my symptoms (brain fog and worse at math) and have been paranoid if I will ever regain my old mathematical ability after being hit. I was hit in the head while I was only about 80% healed. Because I wasn’t fully healed could it cause another concussions even worse permanent damage? Also should be expected to make a full recovery if I got hit in the head while still concussed. Also the resurgence of my symptoms made me paranoid enough to post this.
I had a concussion 6 months ago. Blacked out for 10 sec. Got taken to a hospital. Terrible accident.

And I work in architecture - a fairly technical field.

The weird thing is, the first week after the concussion, I felt terrible, but my cognitive function became sharper and more intuitive for some reasons. I pushed through work, with some struggle for the following two months. Until I couldn't handle a working day no more. I couldn't think. I couldn't do quick math. I couldn't solve problems.I couldn't understand a technical document. I couldn't even spoke properly. Everything overwhelmed me. I decreased my hours.

Then I increased my hours slowly for the following months. Until I worked full-time again.

It was a struggle at first. But the more I use my brain at work, the more i am comfortable with all the cognitive tasks involved in my jobs. And now, I am comfortable with working full-time, even over-time, with thinking and working properly again.

You will regain your thinking and your skills. I don't think having a few bumps stops you from pursuing Math at all.

Same with me trying to cycle again. When my healing wasn't sufficient, cycling up hill brought me a temporary blindness. Then I took cycling slowly. Then I stopped and waited for it to heal more. Then one day i said enough and started cycling to work again. The first two days or even weeks were terrible. But I am getting used to it now. Cycling at night is still a bit tiresome because of my vision problems. But I am getting used to it now.

I am still not healed yet, though.
firstconcussion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote