Thread: Could It Be OMG
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2018, 10:34 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Thanks 4-eyes, did you try prednisone? are your symptoms more than just ocular?

Annie
Maybe I should have used the word tired instead of fatigue, I was trying to point out that when I become tired (not sleepy) my symptoms are likely to appear, also when I have a lot of eye movement, as in rapidly changing my focus target, my symptoms are likely to appear, if both are happening my symptoms are almost certain, and will likely become extreme until I stop and rest. I might also add that alcohol has a huge effect, 1 beer and symptoms double, two beers and symptoms triple, I usually stop there!
I think you misread that I was "overall fatigued ,wore out" I'm only that way after extreme exercise or when it's bedtime, which I think is normal.
Yes I try to stay hydrated, I've tried no sugar, lots a sugar, pedialyte, caffeine, protein, all of it, nothing has any effect. I've had all the blood tests you mention, many times, nothing. No family history.
If I have any ptosis it's too subtle to see or notice, I've looked at pictures.
If it is OMG it's only effecting my ocular muscle's, which would be rare I know, I do know for certain that it's something!
My local OP always thought it was esophoria, breaking down and becoming a decompensating esophoria but after much reading I'm pretty sure that would be comitant or equal in all gazes, that's not me. After many years he has now changed his mind and is thinking MG. My long distant neuro OP said after an exam that it was either thyroid eye disease or sixth nerve palsy, both were ruled out by an MRI. I have to question his thinking because wouldn't sixth nerve palsy be a more constant problem and not come and go and be so variable? I really think these Docs are so busy that they just don't have time to really think things thru, if you're not the average, cookie cutter, run of the mill, every day presentation then you're going to find it difficult to get a diagnosis. I'm still up for a trial of prednisone.
Annie, thought you might get a laugh out of this, you seem to have a sense of humor, yesterday after reading your reply one of my cows dropped a calf (gave birth) a cute little hefer, your post was still on my mind, I named it Annie LOL LOL Thanks
Poorman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote