View Single Post
Old 05-20-2018, 02:07 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shak2388 View Post
Hi Marlene thanks for the reply...like I said in my orginal post they have said my B12 levels are normal..only vitamin D levels wer down I'm taking prescription vitD tabs I'm also not diabetic checked and all good...also I'm taking a complex B supplements omega3 fish oils,pregablin.No I'm not a vegetarian..i never catch colds or flu,this was so sudden and out of the blue...my nervous system went completely out of whack...will this ever get better??
A low normal b12 of 392 is suspect IMO. In light of the fact that you have symptoms and low normal B12, I would consider addressing it. Like I said, you are very young and should have a more optimal B12 level. Spend some time reading the B12 sticky posts at the top. B12 serum testing is probably the least effective way to test for B12 status. Looking at homocysteine and MMA would be a better indicator.

Regarding Vitamin D. Prescription Vitamin D is usually D2 and not an optimal form. D3 is better and can purchased over the counter. On a side note, we always take our D3 with K2 to help prevent the calcium from being misplaced.

I would look at adding in magnesium as well.

If you get a chance, watch this on B12. Diagnosing and Treating Vitamin B12 Deficiency - YouTube
Marlene is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
echoes long ago (05-20-2018), glenntaj (05-21-2018), pinkynose (05-21-2018)