View Single Post
Old 07-20-2007, 11:50 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thank you so much for sharing, Donna!

Her anxiety and shortness of breath is coming from the tachycaria due to hyperthyroidism, but you're right in that is does get worse when she lets her brain get involved.

She's worked very hard on that and it managing it very well on that end...well, for the most part. Once she reaches the point of no return, it's difficult. I will tell her about the breaths because that's when she can panic. She hasn't had a true panic attack in months, but I foresee one if this continues and it looks like it's going to continue...good lead into saying what dr. said in her appt. (OB).

She took the beta blocker this am (about 2 hours before she went so it was in full force there). Little JJ didn't move at all, though his heart appeared better. OB didn't send her to the hosptital this time because she told him she'd taken it.

When she told him everything that I put here, he agreed. He told her no more and said it's definitely been affecting (probably the combo with the PTU). He said he doesn't think it's harmed him though. One indication of that is when she's not on it, he immediately picks right back up, but NO MORE. He's ordered another no-stress test for Monday and then again on Thursday with her to report any concerns IMMEDIATELY so they're watching him and her closely. Each visit will contain a thorough checkup for her as well.

He said he personally viewed the echo of her heart and her heart couldn't look any better...picture perfect, so she's just going to have to deal with the tachycardia until she can't anymore, or it forces their hands.

She's on bedrest for the rest and will have to make sure she does little. He said to know that her heart is absolutely going to race and she's going to get out of breath just pee'ing, but it's OK. Her tachycardia never did directly affect him, but the beta blockers are. He told her, "Good job, mommy" and she was so proud! *smile*

She was really excited when he said, "We're close Jess. He's already breathing in there and everything...we're not far honey and you're going to feel so much better when that baby's out of you."

I'm still so scared...but maintaining.

Thank you so much for your support.

KD

From the caterpillar emerged
~Strong in flight, beautiful to the eyes, movement laced with grace~
The butterfly
**KD**
</center>
kimmydawn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote