Thread: Recommendations
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2018, 12:25 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Your replies are so generic that is is difficult to respond. There are no generic treatments. One treats each symptom, if possible. There are work-arounds and accommodations that can increase functioning and reduce symptoms.

It may help if you tell us about your concussions and what was done to resolve them.

What kind of work do you do? Is it a stressful job?

Please expand on the vitamins and rest comment.

Rest is not recommended. Reducing cognitive and physical stress is recommended but staying active is important.

The 'barely hit my head...weeks of trouble' is very common for the anxious. Many have needed treatment to reduce their anxiety reaction. Neurological healing is very difficult when anxiety is raging. The chemical stress of the anxiety gets in the way of physical healing. A concussion is a cascade is chemistry. A stressful job can be a problem. Some have a stressful commute.

Convincing yourself that bumping the headboard or a slap on the back is not a concussion is a good starting point. The "I moved my head too fast or bumped my head, now I will have weeks of symptoms.' is a self-fulfilling thought. The startle of the event can trigger ongoing symptoms. Learning to subdue the startle can be helpful.

If the movements you mention have a physical effect, it would with your upper neck. The pat on the back could cause a slight whiplash. The headboard could jam the upper vertebra. Icing and anti-inflammatory meds could help.

What do you do to try to reduce your bad behaviors? Have you had that hard discussion with yourself? I know what my triggers are. I have to try to avoid them.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote