View Single Post
Old 05-22-2018, 01:58 PM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Default PCS and cruise/flight

Hi!
I just found this board and plan on going through the stickies soon. I had a concussion in October 2016. I considered myself cured except from parosmia (lost sense of smell and now things don’t smell right) 4-5 months after concussion.
Lately I have noticed noise bothering me somewhat- I have 3 kids- so I went back to my concussion dr- she’s a sports medicine doctor that specializes in concussions.
She gave me some kind of memory/thinking test on the computer and I did terrible- as bad as 3 days after my concussion. I will admit I have trouble thinking of things quickly sometimes. For example- will have trouble remembering how to start a song my toddler wants to sing.
I am going back to vestibular therapy for an evaluation and see my dr again in 6 weeks.
I have driven 33 hours round trip to the beach and plan on doing that again in the fall with no problems.
My husband and I were going to book a cruise for my 40th bday in January. This will be 2 years after my concussion. We will fly. I’m kind of worried that the flight might be terrible or I will get seasick. I have never been on a cruise before. I have been on boats on the lake post concussion and no trouble, but that’s not the ocean.
I have 2 people tell me they are concerned about the cruise after my dr visit last week. One point is the cruise is we want to test out a shorter, cheaper cruise to see how we like it before spending a ton of money for a Disney Cruise with the kids.
Wemadethislife is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote