Thread: benzo for sleep
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2018, 08:38 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Confused Xanax to Valium?

Concussion 12 years ago. Out cold 6 hours.

Think I was given Xanax for Insomnia but that first year is almost a blank.

2 small dose of Xanax each night gives me 3 hours + 3 hours of sleep or maybe 3.5. I am awake waiting 30 min for the second dose to kick in. 0.5 mg each dose and sometimes a bit smaller with water titer.
Never abused X and afraid of Althizmer's for taking it so long as it is in my family.

Sleep Apnea under control with cpap many many years. Still taking Aricept as prescribed but switched from Syntroid to Armour years ago on advise of a Doctor.

I sleep in a very dark cool room and use blue filters on pad and smartphone and computer. Blueblocker glasses for TV in the evening. Sublingual melatonin seems to help but there is controversy on this with benzos as a gaba situation. Confusing.

Joined several groups facebook on benzo and insomnia and also benzobuddies. I don't drink or do rec drugs. Considering CBD but there is still a lot of mis information out there. Considered switching from X to Valium to give me a longer sleep and I hear easier to taper from V??

One Dr. recently gave me a script for Rozerem but I found a lot of bad press on it so did not fill the script or try.

Several ebooks on Concussion Insomnia, Benzos and Sleep.
+The Ashton Manual
TSail is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote