View Single Post
Old 07-20-2007, 12:03 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

What kind of a headache is it? Where do you feel the pain, and how does it come on? Is it constant?

I get what I have labeled as "spinal headaches". It starts in my upper spine, and it seems to radiate from that point to my shoulders, neck and upper back.

When I wake up in the morning, I am usually ok for a short while. As the day wears on, the "headache" extends from the spine (to those places mentioned), then eventually to up under my skull in the back. If I sit for any length of time, the headache will settle in my forehead.

They usually last about 3 weeks when I get them, and the only thing that works reasonably well is Naproxen (500 mg X 2 per day) and LAYING down a LOT!! The longer the opportunity to lay, the longer I can sit up without the pain getting progressively worse.

Is this the kind of headache, or is it more like a migraine?

BTW, I think this may be as a result of spinal lesions . . . at least that's the conclusion I've come to based on how it feels and where my lesions are.

Cherie