View Single Post
Old 05-27-2018, 03:02 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Panic! Possible new concussion!

Hello everyone,

I'm so depressed right now.

I've been doing good for a long time, but yesterday I hit my head on a lamp hanging from the ceiling. I've tried that before, but this lamp weights around 15-25 pounds i guess and is made of stiff heavy iron - looks like this one, but a little bigger:

Visual Comfort CHC112�AB E. F. Chapman English 4 Light 13 inch Antique-Burnished Brass Chandelier Ceiling Light in Antique Burnished Brass

The problem was that I stood and leaned towards a chair with my head about 10 cm below the lamp and when I got up, I hit the ring that you can see in the picture. I was hit on the top of the back part of my head. When the impact happened the lamp moved a bit and my head changed course a little. I think it was a medium/semi-hard hit – because my head was not stopped, because I guess I didnt hit the lamp direct from below, but with an angle, and that is why the lamp and my head moved but the lamp definitely shook.

I think I hit it with light to medium force because although I absolutely felt pain, it wasn't that much and only for some seconds. I have not gotten a goose egg, and I remember everything and did not get a metallic taste in my mouth or got confused or similar. I did not get visual problems and didnt see any stars. But I was mentally chocked.

It is 20 hours ago and I now have a number of symptoms such as stiff neck and shoulders, a little tension headache, strained eyes, fatigue and a general malaise feeling. I have a hard time coping with company.

I think I have gotten a new concussion, because the lamp weights so much, and it takes a lot of force to make a 20 pound lamp move. And this impact is probably the worst since my original concussion 3½ years ago.

But I really hope that someone will comment the above because I am freaking right now, and only see the worst outcome. If I saw another person experience the impact, I am not sure I would think that it is anough to constitute a concussion – at least not before my history with concussions started. But I am also very sensitive.

How would you look at the impact – a new concussion, an aggravation of my old injury (concussion/whiplash) or does it takes more force to constitute a concussion? I know that nobody can say for sure, but any thoughts are welcome.

And does it make my outcome worse, that I was only hit on a small surface (because I hit the ring which is stiff iron)), and the impact force therefore is concenterated in a small area or? And what are your experiences – have you gotten concussions with only a short time and small amount of pain from the impact?

Best regards (and sorry for my bad english)

- TheNorwegian
TheNorwegian is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote