View Single Post
Old 05-27-2018, 03:21 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
I have a question regarding the use of Lyrica and potential hearing loss, as I have recently seen occasional reports of folks reporting some degree of hearing loss from using Lyrica.

I am trying to get some sense of how widespread this might be among users, and also when and IF this does occur does it do so only above some general dosing level (75 mg taken twice daily, for instance, or only much higher doses)?

There does not seem to be much in the literature about hearing loss and Lyrica, and any information from those with real knowledge and data would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

David
Hi David!

I was on Lyrica for about 1 year, and yes, I had the ringing in my ears and I was so forgetful that at one point, I really thought I had gotten Alzheimer's. Thank God that's not what I have, but I can tell you, this drug is nothing more than poison imo. In less than 6 months, I gained well over 35+ pounds, I couldn't even remember daily tasks, let alone what I was talking about and then I'd stare into space as if I was lost, which I really felt like. SO, I stopped taking it.

Now mind you, I tapered off of it very very slowly, one week ago I took my last dose. The withdrawal effects are horrible. Hot flashes like you're a nuclear plant, lucid dreams, shakes, and then there's the itching. Right now as I'm writing this, I could use sandpaper on my skin just to feel some relief lol

My doctor never warned me about the side effects and what happens when you stop taking it. If you just google side effects of Lyrica and withdrawal effects, you'll find a plethora of information from people who have suffered from this 'medication'. Believe it or not, this drug was never tested before they put it on the market, not only that, but it is now a Class C medication (like Valium). If I would have known what this medication would have put me through, wow, I would have asked for something different. I remember even telling my doctor about my swelling (that right there should have been a warning to take my off asap) and she prescribed more pills.

My point is, while it may have helped with the pain, I have to admit, yes it helps, but, and a huge but here, as you get used to one dose, like yours at 75mg, in a few weeks, it won't do anything, you'll be prescribed a higher dose, and then on and on.

The withdrawals are supposed to calm down, but I can honestly say, tell your doctor you want something else, right now, this drug is horrible, so many still suffer because of it. I wish you good luck and please take care of your health, get another opinion and tell your Doc straight out what it's doing to you.

~Esme
EsmeHealthy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
backpack (05-29-2018)