View Single Post
Old 05-27-2018, 03:33 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by triviafriend View Post
Gosh my ego is a bit bruised...lots of views of this page, but no one posting. I hope if you have a similar story, you tell it here, even briefly. Reading posts from others who were suffering was some of the best recovery medicine I found (which is why sharing is the cornerstone of the 12 Step Movement). But even if you are just reading, I hope this thread helps you!
Thank you so much for posting about Lyrica! I'm going through withdrawals and omg, I can tell you, it's more than awful! Nuclear hot flashes, mental fogginess, irritability, and then, there's the itching! I am so itchy all over that I'm debating whether or not to buy sandpaper just to get some relief lol

All kidding aside though, this poison should be taken off the market. Immediately. The withdrawals and what it does to a person remind me of all those videos you see on Youtube with regards to those on street drugs. This drug wasn't even tested, it was packaged and then boom! Doctors saw how much money they could make. I have NO respect for doctors at all. I can't begin to tell you how many people I've seen suffer because their idiot and ignorant doctors never told them about the side effects and the withdrawal symptoms.

I was on 650mg a day last year, then this year, I had run out and it was the long weekend, so I was out of luck. Let me tell ya, it was horrific. When I did get my prescription and took one pill, every single symptom went away. That's when I knew I had to taper off. I slowly tapered off down to about 5mg and then last Friday was my last dose. I might be suffering right now, but it's going to be worth it just to have my body the way it used to be. I also gained over 35+ pounds in the space of about 6 months. I look like a balloon and walking became unbearable due to the extra weight on my knees.

I am so hoping that in another few weeks, all the side effects, or most of them, will be gone.

Again, thank you so much for your post! I just joined today and yours is the first I read and you are bang on! Good job!

~Esme
EsmeHealthy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
backpack (05-29-2018), ger715 (05-29-2018)