View Single Post
Old 05-28-2018, 02:09 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
I am sorry to hear about your poor experiences with Lyrica.

Actually, I have used it on and off over the years with moderate success. I was just interested in a follow-up on what I read in this forum about hearing loss issues on it. What dose did you take, and for how long?

Thanks!

David
Good day to you David!

At the very beginning, for about 3 weeks, I was on 50mg, that didn't do it, then it was upped to 150mg, that helped a lot, and then my system started to get used to it and it wasn't doing anything anymore, that was at around 4 weeks as well. Finally, I was put on 600mg a day. It was the same thing, I was on this for about a year when all the wonderful side effects came around. Mostly the weight and bloating, I felt like I was 9 months pregnant all over again lol

This past January, I decided I'd had enough. It took me a couple of tries, and then about over a month ago, I tappered until you could hardly see anything in the capsule.

UPDATE
The itchiness is gone, and so are the nuclear hot flashes, now I've got the shakes, so I'm thinking that's another symptom coming off of Lyrica.

If you have any other questions, just dropped me a line and I'll be more than happy to help as much as I can.

Take care,
~Esme
EsmeHealthy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote