View Single Post
Old 09-24-2006, 07:42 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks for all the input.

I haven't seen a repeat since the first time on Friday. I know what I saw but have been second guessing myself. Anyway...

Knowing that is in't uncommon for this to reoccur is a bit disheartening. I had hoped that after he made it a year, then 2, then 3 that we were "out of the woods" with his eyes doing wanky things. sigh...

Such is life.

Regarding his diet... I have been bad. I have been arguing with myself over the hassle of yet another child and food issues. It has been very handy that Trevor can now make his own lunches. I have been making Spencer's lunch for 5.5 years. It has been a nice vacation not making his lunch. So, I have been really selfish with that.

Even after our discussion a few weeks back about diet can bring out the seizures.

I can make all kinds of excuses about Kevin's surgery, life care planners (and what they want), appointments for all his durable equipment, lawyers (and what they want), etc, etc, etc.

The reality is that I have been really mad about having to do another diet thing with another person in our house.

This weekend, I was looking at Spencer and noticed the very dark circles under his eyes. I know that is a "sign" of allergies.

I also know that 3 weeks ago our Minister asked what was going on with Trevor. She said, "He needs something but I don't know what it is. I'm wondering if he needs to be seen."

Kevin and I realized that we had gotten lax on his diet. And with Kevin's surgery, we had asked Trevor to pick up where Kevin couldn't. That is a HUGE amount to ask from a 9 yo. So, we locked back down his diet and focused more attention on him. Our Minister told us today that she noticed a big difference in Trevor just 1 week after our changes.

Sooooooo, excuses, excuses, excuses just don't get things done.

So, I am going to go make Spencer's lunch for school tomorrow. One day at a time... Be a responsible parent and make my child's lunch. I am being such a rebel.

Do you think diet could make his eye go wanky, too?
Beck is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote