View Single Post
Old 05-29-2018, 07:21 PM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Default Need help with restlessness

Hi everyone im new here looking for help. Ive suffered from severe depression for 3 years. A little over a year ago i caught my wife cheating and had a mental breakdown. I was dysphoric manic and couldnt sleep for a week. I had hallucinations and paranoid delusions. I was 36 at the time and it was the first time i ever had any pyschosis. I went to pdoc and was diagnosed as bipolar 2 but im not sure thats right. My main problem now is im suffering from severe restlessness. Its hard to explain but it feels like extreme inner tension. It gets so bad that my whole body trembles. All i can do to distract myself is surf the internet all day. Ive tried going back to work this year but any kind of stress amplifies the feeling to where its unbearable. I cant concentrate on what im doing and feel completely miserable. Its caused me to lose my personality and im always on edge. I went from smoking 10 cigarettes a day to 2 packs. My pdco said its pyschomotor agitation and prescribed me seroquel and ativan. The only thing that helps is high dose of ativan but i cant take it at work because it makes me dumb and lazy. My question is does anyone have any experience with this feeling or have any suggestions on how i can get help. Im completely miserable and searching for answers.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (05-29-2018), Dmom3005 (05-31-2018), mymorgy (05-29-2018), OhKay (05-30-2018)