View Single Post
Old 05-30-2018, 09:24 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member

Welcome sckid

Bizi is right. BP2 patients usually do not have hallucinations or paranoid delusions, and they certainly don't experience dysphoric MANIA (which would usually trigger a BPI diagnosis unless it was triggered by a medication).

You should seek a second opinion.

I was misdiagnosed as BP2 for MANY years. I wish I could have that time back. I wonder what my life would be like now had I gotten proper diagnosis and treatment earlier. I wasn't properly diagnosed until after a s/s attempt 3 years ago at the age of 34.

Psycho-motor agitation is often seen as a side effect of meds. But what you describe as a "feeling of inner tension" is usually associated with dysphoric/mixed episodes. I can really sympathize with you, having been through many of those myself. I am a smoker and double, triple how many butts I smoke during those times, too. It helps to do something.

Those episodes need to be medicated (some pdocs use Zyprexa) cuz they can be dangerous, and they are unbelievably uncomfortable. I would make an appointment with your provider. And look for a new one to see soon.

In a pinch, I have used Benadryl to calm down a little, but taking it is not a long term solution. I also have found that showers help me a lot. When things get really bad, I will take 3 or 4 showers a day.

I hope that you can convince your provider to take a second look at your diagnosis, or at least prescribe something to make you more comfortable. You should not have to suffer like this

Please tell a family member/trusted friend and/or get yourself to the ER if you start having serious s/s thoughts

Kay
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (05-30-2018), Dmom3005 (05-31-2018), mymorgy (05-30-2018)