View Single Post
Old 05-30-2018, 02:33 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default I know just how you feel.

My regular neurologist and I basically fired each other. He was the most arrogant doctor I had ever met. I think some of his problem is his frustrated because there is so little really known or understood about the nerves, especially small fiber ones and he doesn't have the answer. They all seem to do the same basic tests and if you test negative in an area then insurance will not cover you to pursue that area. They seem to need people to fit a a very small box of possibilities and if you don't fit then so sorry...Next.

I have a short story that now, after 3 years I can finally laugh at. I made an appointment with the head of neurology at the best teaching hospital in my city. I checked out reviews on the doctor and everyone seemed to love him. I prepared for weeks all my tests, notes, questions, etc. He was one of the nicest doctors I'd ever met BUT he didn't look at my tests or notes. Instead he insisted he do his own pin prick tests they all do and at the end he proclaimed my entire problem came from me crossing my legs. He assured me that if I stop that habit the burning would stop. I left his office thinking what a wonderful, easy solution until I realized that was the biggest bunch of nonsense I'd ever been told. I was so very disappointed. Of course crossing your legs is not a good idea for circulation but it had nothing to do with the cause of my sfn.
echoes long ago (05-30-2018)