Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhKay View Post
Welcome sckid

You should seek a second opinion.

Psycho-motor agitation is often seen as a side effect of meds. But what you describe as a "feeling of inner tension" is usually associated with dysphoric/mixed episodes. I can really sympathize with you, having been through many of those myself. I am a smoker and double, triple how many butts I smoke during those times, too. It helps to do something.

I'm sorry I made an error in my first post because I was rushing, and I want to clarify/correct the error. I'm sorry I didn't give you a proper response the first time around.

Akasthisia is the feeling of restlessness often caused by a reaction to a medication.
sckid, you correctly described the restlessness caused by manic or mixed episodes as psychomotor agitation.

A higher dose of Seroquel may help you. It takes a little while to adjust to the increases tho. I have gone through long episodes like this and increases have helped. It helps with anxiety as well. I have to take A LOT.

You should get your BP under better control by using mood stabilizing meds rather than slapping a bandaid on the problem by taking a heavy hitting med like Ativan (I'm not blaming you for that). Then there are milder meds like Klonopin and Xanax that can help you.

I wish you well sckid, and look forward to hearing and updates

Kay
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (05-31-2018), Dmom3005 (05-31-2018), Mari (05-31-2018), mymorgy (05-31-2018)