Thread: Another Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2018, 10:56 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member

The test was as terrible as expected. I will spare you the details. It may not have been as bad if I had a radiologist who knew what the hell she was doing, but I didn't, and the test that should have taken "30 minutes" took 2 hours. After the test was done, I was absolutely covered in the white barium paste. I did the best I could to clean myself up, but was far from satisfied. They gave me two pads to wear home and I felt like I was wearing a diaper.

We left at 11am and got home around 5pm (those are normally napping hours for me). I immediately took a shower. Then we ordered an early dinner of Chinese food, and I fell asleep on the couch somewhere around 6:30pm. Corey woke me up at about 9:30 to go to bed, I smoked ,and slept straight through to 6:30am (about my normal time).

Yesterday I woke up feeling terrible, so I was worried about taking mag. citrate, but I had to get rid of the barium. I was very nauseous and had to get off the phone with a friend to throw up. I ended up smoking some MJ and taking a nap to handle the nausea. I had terrible stomach pains for hours until I finally passed the barium, but I know it's all gone now. That's all I care about.

This morning I had an echocardiogram at 8am, but wasn't supposed to have the halter monitor put on until 10:30, but they did it for me right after the test so I didn't have to wait around or leave and come back. I can take it off on Saturday at 8:51am. They told me to return it to the hospital Monday morning tho.

I don't know when I'll get the results of all these friggen tests, but I should be able to read the radiologist's report of the echo on Sunday (I hope). I imagine that the results of the halter monitor will take a while.

I will be happy to have this contraption off of me. I'm sick of it already, and I HATE the idea of not being able to shower tomorrow!
Hopefully after it's off on Saturday, I won't have to have anymore tests for a VERY long time!!!
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (05-31-2018), Dmom3005 (05-31-2018), mymorgy (05-31-2018)