View Single Post
Old 05-31-2018, 10:06 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zant View Post
If anyone has any insight on this condition, please let me know.
I had them bad for 15 months after a bad concussion 19 months ago. I tried many things to get rid of them. I finally worked with a practitioner on skype who told me he thought increasing my thyroid dose would help. Well, it did. However learning how to supplement thyroid will take a very long time to do. Its not something mainstream doctors know much about, and the blood test they will give you to test your thyroid will just be a budget TSH test which almost never indicates hypothyroidism when it is present. If you believe you have hypothyroid symptoms, you will have to take your health into your own hands if you want to try this. Maybe it was a fluke that my fasciculations have reduced around the same time I made thyroid dose adjustments, I cant know for sure. But I am now no long bothered by the small amount of fasciculations that I still get because its much much less. I now view them as reminders that I might need to take some thyroid.

An effective natural thyroid surrogate that you could try in the mean time would be the synergetic combination of caffeine with niacinamide. Its important to take this with food as well, or at least lots of cream and sugar, to negate a potential stress response from a heightened metabolism and no fuel (food) to burn.

note: living in a warm sunny climate lowers the chance that you may benefit from thyroid supplementation due to the beneficial effects of sun exposure. I believe low body temperature, cold hands and feet and stress problems are the most common indications of hypothyroidism.

Last edited by johnsmith4000; 05-31-2018 at 10:21 PM.
johnsmith4000 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote