Thread: Another Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2018, 02:04 PM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member

Thank you ladies

No word on the results of the defecography or echocardiogram. I thought I would be able to access the echo report online, but it appears that I won't be able to. I guess I will just have to wait until someone in my PCP's office sees fit to contact me. God only knows when that will be. It's almost 3pm on a Friday, but I'm still holding out a little hope I'll hear something about something today.

I have been doing everything I normally do with the halter monitor on... smoking just as many cigarettes and drinking just as much coffee. I want the cardiologist who reads the tape to get an accurate picture of what's going on.

I spent about an hour washing up this morning because I can't take a real shower with it on. But I was able to wash everything I needed to, including my hair, without getting the electrodes or monitor wet because I've had enough practice saran wrapping and taping up patients to do the same thing in hospitals. I just added a tight camisole and/or pair of shorts so I had something to clip the monitor onto.

BUT I"M SOOOOOO ITCHY!!!!!
Without warning me, the tech scored my skin before attaching the electrodes (apparently to help them adhere better) and then put CLOTH tape over them. I have VERY sensitive skin, and the skin surrounding them is very red and irritated. I guess it's for a good cause...

I can't wait to get this friggen thing off...
I have had one hell of a week with all this testing and BS, and I'm ready for it to be over with. I need a break. A LONG break.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (06-01-2018), Dmom3005 (06-01-2018), Mari (06-01-2018), mymorgy (06-02-2018)