View Single Post
Old 06-02-2018, 12:25 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Smile

Violet, I'm so sorry your daughter is doing poorly. I have no idea what they based their decision on to ventilate. Ativan is often necessary for intubated patients. What we were discussing is how professionals sometimes throw Ativan at anxious patients, ones who don't need the drug.

The ER doctors can adjust the Ativan dose downward to help, OR switch to a BiPAP IF that is not a dangerous thing to do. Is she on oxygen as well?.

I've attached some articles for you. If you are not in the hands of MG experts or neurologists who know how to manage a crisis, they might benefit from some of this information.

I'm not a doctor, so I can't advise you on anything. They sound as though they are trying everything to help your daughter. It's rough to watch a child go through something like this. But if she isn't breathing well, intubation will help her to relax those chest wall muscles, giving them time to become stronger.

What precipitated her crisis, if I might ask?

I encourage you to do a new thread, so that more people will see your question. Please don't forget to take care of yourself as well!

Annie
Attached Files
File Type: pdf MGCrisisExtubation.pdf (73.1 KB, 36 views)
File Type: pdf NonInvasiveVentilation.pdf (76.9 KB, 31 views)
File Type: pdf NMDiseaseCausingAcuteRespFailure.pdf (120.9 KB, 29 views)
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ErinBear (06-02-2018)