View Single Post
Old 06-02-2018, 12:37 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Smile

Hi, Olle. Welcome to the across the pond forum!

Would you mind saying how you were diagnosed?

The ocular muscles fatigue faster than other ones. I don't have time right now to do the research for you (sorry). Throwing more steroids at the problem might not help in the long run. And you need to be careful about abrupt adjustments in steroids. Your adrenal glands are no longer working, due to steroids doing that job for them! Adrenal fatigue from drops in steroids that are too large can cause an adrenal crisis, which can lead to an MG crisis.

What drugs are you still taking? If you are better, Mestinon can cause too much acetylcholine to be present, making muscles weaker. Some patients do overdose on Mestinon.

Steroids helped my ocular muscles first, then the rest. Could you possibly have an additional issue going on?

I think you should have a good conversation with a neurologist. I can't really say what is going on with your ocular muscles. Doctors have far more knowledge about how the muscles work, etc.

I hope you can figure out something to help with your ocular MG. Sometimes placing a cool washcloth on the eyelids or blowing a small fan at the face can help.

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote