View Single Post
Old 06-02-2018, 08:13 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Your symthoms are almost like mine, I've had a crisis in April of 2015 and was hospitalized for 8 weeks...long story short is now I'm on Mestinon 6 doses a Day as such, 7am 120mg / 10am 120mg / 1pm 120mg + 200mg Imuran/ 4pm 60mg / 7pm 60mg and last dose before bedtime Mestinon SR180 and every 3rd week I do 80g of IVIG and have been maintaining a descent life style, IVIG for me is my BOOSTER juice when I get near my next treatment I tend to have more symthoms from MG especially my speech!!!

As for your sweatiness it's the Prednisone, when I was on my highest dose "60mg" daily I'd be Sweating Bullet's!!! It was awful I'd get so mad because I'm bald and the sweat would get in my eyes all the time...it took me a year weaning off they do a WHOLE LOT of side effects the quicker you can get off the better, the MG effects vs side effects of Preds for me where worth it. Are you on any kind of IMMUNE SUPPPRESSENT like Imuran or Celcept which seem to be the most commonly used?

What use to help me even more was plasmapheresis every week, I did 84 in all from the time I was in the hospital and as an out patient and had to stop because of my red blood cells being out of wack and other issues, I also got shingles because of mmy Immune system getting to weak and that's when we switch to IVIG, it's not as effective but my blood work all got back to normal and feeling descent. what also has helped me a lot is B12 and massive dose of Vitamin D3 10ui/day.

I'm back to work 5 days a week 6 hours a day, also try to get at least 8 hours of sleep and try to cut down on STRESS!!!��

This is my "Cake mix" that seems to be keeping above water so far!

Good Luck

Last edited by Snoel; 06-03-2018 at 05:35 AM.
Snoel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote